Convenient Oil Change Service in Central Phoenix AZ at Mike Auto Repair. Oil is the lifeblood of your car, and we all know that regular oil changes are paramount to the health and longevity of your engine. When it comes to your engine, taking care of the simple things will make your life much less complicated. This simple procedure if left undone for too long can cause pre-mature engine wear, and lead to complete motor failure.
Let the professionals at Mikes Auto Repair help give you peace of mind and ensure the long life of your vehicles engine. Taking your car in for your routine oil change will also give us the opportunity to perform a courtesy check for other issues which may surface in the future, if the problem goes unchecked. Fortunately for Drivers in Phoenix AZ, Mikes Auto Repair is here to make sure that you don’t have to.
We all know that oil is one of the most important things to maintaining your engines health, so cruise on in today, and let us save you the hassle. Most people know that you should have your oil changed about every 3,000 miles, and delaying your routine oil change can cause very costly problems down the road.
If you want to do the procedure yourself here is a step by step guide to help you through the process.
- Take your car out for a drive, this will warm up the oil and allow it to drain easier
- Park your car in a flat spot, keep it in gear and set the emergency brakes, you may also want to put blocks behind your wheels as another safety measure
- Use a jack to lift up the front end of the car and place jack stands to make sure the vehicle is stable
- Find the oil pan and loosen the nut on the bottom of the pan, if you loosen it too much you will spill oil all over yourself and the ground.
- Place a drain pan under the oil pan and then take off the nut you loosened, be patient it will take a moment for the oil to drain.
- Find the oil filter and take it off with the oil filter wrench, take care, the oil inside the filter will be quite hot.
- Take the oil cap off from under the hood. If you have the time, let all the old oil drain out of your car, this should take about 30 minutes.
- Coat the seal of the new oil filter with new oil and put it on the car. Place a new seal on the drain plug and place it back into the oil pan. Remove the drip pan and dispose of the old oil properly.
- Use a funnel to put new oil back into your car. Replace the oil cap and start the engine. Use your dipstick to make sure the oil is at the proper level for your vehicle
Ultimately we believe it is more economically sound for you to bring us your car for your oil change for a number of reasons. Not dealing with the headache of properly disposing of the old oil will make your life a little less complicated. Second, changing oil is a procedure we do every day and our mechanics will take care of every detail quickly - allowing you to save your time for other things that matter. Finally the short trip to Mikes in Central Phoenix for an oil change will give us the opportunity to check the health of your vehicle as a whole and can save you a multitude of unpleasant surprises.